Monday, April 4, 2011

Why Are You So Stupid? (SLOW LEARNERS)

"Why are you so stupid? Your brother is better than you, why don't you put more effort?"
Since young, I've always heard these words booming beside my ears.
For once, I hate my brother's existence to degrade me.
I really hate comparisons, really.
That makes me hate myself, for being really stupid like they've told.
It took me solid ten years to realize: I am not stupid, I just need more time to learn the same thing.

Being slow in learning, doesn't mean you are stupid, that's for sure.
Albert Einstein first start to talk at the age 9, but can you call him stupid?
Maybe we slow learners stumble from the starting point, but that doesn't mean we will forever lag behind.
Give me time, I will stand up again, I promise you.
And I will fly farther than anyone of you, trust me.
How little sparrow understand the great ambition of the swan?

It gets a little emotional now hahahahahaha......
It just that was my life few years ago.
Being the youngest child equals to endurance to comparisons your parents frequently made.
I trust that many children had experienced this situation.
It is not a good feeling at all.



1 comment:

  1. haha, i read it like a poem : )
    u r good in ur way...
    Multiple intelligence ... ; )

    ReplyDelete